March 1st 2012
The US Competition Rules Committee has requested that the following rules must to be respected, in any software used for flying a US competition:
No “Artificial Horizon” or “Turn & Bank” display from any data source.
To be acceptable for US competition, software that is released in versions supporting (1) must be released in a separate version without the prohibited functionality and:
- It must be obvious to the casual observer via the startup screen that the prohibited functionality is not present (something more descriptive that just a version number is desired to make it easier for non-technical contest personnel to monitor).
- It must not be possible to enable the prohibited functions by changing any device setting or memory location (i.e. registry)
- The release authority for the software must provide a statement to the RC that all versions prior to x.y are compliant and all version after a.b are compliant and how they can be identified
For this reason, we are delivering a special version called "COMPETITION".
It is called COMPETITION because it must be used in competitions, not because it has some special functions.
On the contrary, the "COMPETITION" version has no TRI info page 1.6 (the Turn Rate Indicator).
We hereby declare that any COMPETITION version of LK is:
- without TRI code inside (not simply disabled: there is no TRI code at all in it)
- it is not possible to enable the TRI because of (1)
All "COMPETITION" versions of LK8000 downloaded by LK8000.IT are compliant.
How to verify if the running software is a COMPETITION version of LK8000
There are several ways to verify that the software is compliant.
On startup, the splash screen is showing the version number followed by COMPETITION.
Inside PROFILE page, the software name is LK8000C (C for competition)
After startup, either in Simulation or Fly mode, the secondary welcome page is showing COMPETITION in orange.
And finally, anytime during runtime it is possible to enter the INFO/STATUS pages, and display the SYSTEM parameters:
In addition to all of this, the COMPETITION version is generating an IGC log file (if logging is enabled) which is reporting:
Download ONLY from LK8000.IT !
THE ONLY APPROVED AND GRANTED TO BE COMPLIANT VERSIONS FOR COMPETITIONS ARE DOWNLOADABLE FROM THE OFFICIAL RELEASE AUTHORITY OF THIS SOFTWARE, WHICH IS WWW.LK8000.IT .
DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE FROM ANY OTHER SOURCE DOES NOT - DOES NOT - GRANT ANY KIND OF COMPLIANCY.
THE CRC/MD5 CHECKSUM FOR THE EXECUTABLES MUST MATCH THOSE OF THE EXECUTABLES RELEASED BY THE SOFTWARE AUTHORITY.
Compatibility of the COMPETITION version with the normal version
The COMPETITION version is 100% compatible with the normal version, except for:
- There is no 1.6 TRI (Turn Rate Indicator) page
It is not possible to reach page 1.6 which is instead automatically skipped.
If reaching page 1.6 through a customkey, the page will be blank because there is no code in the executable for it.
Profiles, tasks etc. remain identical between versions.
Version 4.0a COMPETITION can be downloaded in the software section.